Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Lesson in Casting Out Demon Spirits



Papa God has been talking to me for the past 3 years about his kids not utilizing or using His gifts that He has given.  The Body of Christ cannot sustain itself without the Gifts that He has given to each one of us to use for the edification of the Body.

I am learning through experience, that if someone discerns there is a demon spirit around, say in a room, they run to another who they feel has experience to cast it out.  This is when that person who does have experience, takes the time to teach the one asking to do it themselves.

Let me just say, that I count myself still new to this, but I have recognized my Identity in Christ as His daughter. Because of this, Papa God is teaching me new things like casting out demon spirits.

Example:
A dear friend discerned there was a demon in her young son’s room.  She asked her mom and I down to pray.   The moment I stepped into the house, I smelled smoke (not sulfur). I asked if she had a fireplace in the house. She affirmed that, but they’ve not used it.  That gave me all the info I needed at that point. We talked for a time and then I went directly into the little guy’s room.  Heaviness, awful heaviness.  I went back down and asked for some virgin olive oil.  I went back upstairs into the room, and prayed over the door posts and throughout the room.  The heaviness got worse.  I really stirred up something.

I asked them to pray, in preparation for themselves.  I then asked them if they knew their angel’s name? They didn’t, so I asked them to ask their angel’s their name.  Then we asked them to go before us ready to battle for us. By the way, the angels (theirs and mine) were really excited.

We went upstairs, I asked them to go in and then tell me what they sensed.  They sensed a few things. So, I then told my friend whose home it was, that she had full authority here, because it was her home and these spirits have no right to be here.  I told her mom, she also had some authority there as well, as she was family.  I was there to coach and lend support. 

So I said: “If you discovered someone in your house, that did not belong there, nor was invited, how would you tell them to leave?” Off they went. They commanded and declared and sent the angels to battle.  The episode didn’t really take much time.  However, I still sensed there was something.  I asked my friend if there was anything that needed to be confessed, and she broke down and said, “Anger. Anger is still here.”  So, she confessed and rebuked anger. And by golly, Anger left…quickly. 

Once that was done, I asked them to leave the room and just count to 20 or so before coming back. I did this so that they could have a clearer sense coming back into the room.  It was like cleansing your discerning palette.   Once they came back into the room, I asked them if they could sense anything.

The sense in the room was lighter and cleaner!

Another example:

My husband and I were in Arby’s eating dinner one evening. We were talking and all of a sudden my husband’s face changed.  Yes, the expression changed so completely that it wasn’t him I was seeing.  At first, it scared me, then I asked what was happening and Papa God told me which spirit it was.  I was seeing a manifestation of fear.

I put my sandwich down and looked directly into those eyes. It was rather chilling. Those were not my husband’s eyes I was looking into.  I took my husband’s hands and told him to repeat after me. So, we rebuked the spirit of fear in the middle of Arby’s restaurant during dinner time.  We commanded it to leave on the spot. We thanked the Holy Spirit for instruction and to fill my husband up with the Fruit of the Spirit, especially peace, in place of fear.  We asked for God’s Shalom to cover him.  We praised Papa God in prayer. Yup, right in the middle of Arby’s restaurant.  No shouting - just inside conversational voices so we wouldn’t make a scene.  His face changed so dramatically, it took my breath away.

Since that time, we haven’t had any issue with fear.

Since both of those incidents, I personally haven’t had any more encounters, as such.  Those were good learning situations.   Learning to listen to the Holy Spirit is vital.  Holy Spirit will give you puzzle pieces, like smell (I smelled smoke in the first example.)  He may also tell you to have angels help or other instructions, but we must really tune in and listen.  As for the manifestation of a spirit, immediately go and stand with Papa God. Your authority comes from Him because you are a child of the King of Kings. The blood of Jesus has covered and paid for everything at the cross. When Jesus said, “It is finished.” He meant it. It is paid in full.  Jesus bought the keys back from Satan so has no authority over us. We are free from bondage, so it is good to remind him of that.

There are many more people who are much more experienced with casting out demon spirits than I am.  I am just me - a regular person who loves the Lord with all her heart. I try to live my life with Jesus walking beside me every day.  Some days are great and some days not so great.  But, I allow Papa God to teach me, he will then have me teach others.  That’s how we all learn to utilize the gifts in the Body of Christ.