Thursday, April 7, 2016

Intercessory Prayer

Intercessory prayer has at times gotten a bad reputation. I am an intercessor and my journey in prayer over the years has been, let's say somewhat mundane. I went on a personal search for MORE of God. I wanted to connect with Him in a really initmate way, but had no idea how that worked or even what it looks like.

Back in April 24, 2014 I discovered what some would call "Papa God's heart". Here is an excerpt from that day's journal.

........
This morning I was listening to a guy on YouTube, Robert Henderson. He was talking about "The Courts of Heaven".  He was talking about how intercessory prayer is actually taking something to Heaven's court.  I have also been reading more on intercessory prayer; different types of prayer for different things.

From the deepest place of my being, I began interceding on behalf of my church.  I began standing in on the church body's behalf and as I did, began repenting for being cynical and having hardened hearts. I asked forgiveness for losing the passion and fire of the relationship with God. I repented of pride and selfishness. I repented of putting our own desires before God's heart desire.  From the depths of my being I cried- weaping for our church.

You see we had become a "Nazereth". Our hearts had become hardened where God couldn't move corporately; in some individuals they were still open, but no more.

Then, I began declaring that we would seek God with a passion. I declared we would once  again have that fire in our hearts for God's heart; not seeing our own, but His. I declared we would have a new found Joy in Him; where our passion lies in a direct line with God's.  I declare that our church would begin to walk in the destiny that God showed me in a vision a year and a half earlier:  A Lighthouse to the City of Seattle. The power which comes diectly from God to the church, then flows out of each of us to the four corners.

I then began praying for the City of Seattle. My stomach hurt because of God's great sadness and hurt. I felt His sadness and great love for the city.  He wants to heal this city. I began repenting for the sins of the forefathers here in government. The people's prejudices and slavery. My heart literally hurt, because God's heart hurt. I asked God to forgive them because they didn't know what they were doing.

At this point, I began to place Gates of Protection around the city, especially for May 1st. I declared that Seattle would walk in the destiny God has called this city to. I asked Holy Spirit to hover over and around our city leaders and council. I asked protection for our police and fire departments. I repented for the lies and deception from the police leaders. I asked for clarity of truth, that they would not listen to deception and lies.

I also prayed for our nation and it's leaders. I repented on their behalf for turning away from God and listening to the evil one. I asked that we would hear God's truth far above all the lies and follow the voice of His truth.

I haven't wept like that since I went to Bethel. Then, I was released and my heart and stomach didn't hurt anymore. I actually felt lighter!

Amazing things I'm learning for the Kingom. I want to go deeper and God is taking me deeper.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

AMEN