Tuesday, September 6, 2022

A Psalm of Blessing

 

Picture by Sue Beckman


Bless the Lord, all creation

Bless His mighty name

From the mountains to the valleys

To the rivers flowing into the oceans

 

Bless His magnificent creation

All he has created

His breath called it into being

Let creation bow in his honor

 

Bless our creator God

Rejoice all creatures on the earth

Life breathed into you

Rejoice! Dance for joy!

 

Bless the Lord’s generous nature

His courage and loving kindness

Continually shown to all who acknowledge him

We bow in honor before Him

 

Bless the Lord, oh my soul

Bless His holy name

I will bless Him with my whole heart

Let everything – all His works throughout

 

Bless the Lord!

 

 *******

 

“When peace like a river

Attendth my way

When sorrows like sea billows roll

Whatever my lot

Thou hast taught me to say –

It is well – it is well – with my soul.”

 

From the Hymn: It is Well With My Soul

Penned by:  Horatio Spofford