Thursday, August 4, 2022

Bless this Land

 




Deep within the earth, I hear a sound

Low in frequency; a beat is felt

Vibrations intertwining with other sounds

A call is sent out

 

Gentle is this sound

“Engage with me. I am ready.”

Earth is waiting

For the sons/daughters of God to engage

 

Partnering with the earth

What does that look like?

Healing the land; restoring peace

But maybe more

 

Adam called and spoke out to the land

Which resonated and was fruitful

There was no lack in Eden

Earth and Man were in union

 

A mindset in man must change

The land we must honor and be grateful

As we till and plow for food

A blessing we must call out

 

Bless this land in its abundance

For bringing forth food for all creation

I honor this land for its sacrifice

Forgive me for taking it for granted

 

Father, bless this land

Allow it to blossom and grow

As in Adam’s time, we speak as sons

Be fruitful and multiply

 

From within ourselves, that power resides

Given to us before our natural birth

To call out and bring into being

Our fold – our sustenance

 

Though I may not fully grasp it all

I still seek to be like that

To draw from God’s power within me

To engage and be fruitful on this earth

 

“I don’t consume. Instead, I commune.”

Sue Beckman