Friday, May 27, 2022

Residing in the Vast Mind of Christ

 


Psalm 8 (NIV and TPT)

Lord, our Lord,

How majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory

In the heavens.


When I consider your heavens,

The work of your finger,

The moon and the stars

Which you have set in place,

What is mankind that you are mindful of them

Human beings that you care for them?

 

Yet, what honor you have given to men,

Created only a little lower than Elohim,

Crown with glory and magnificence.

 

You have delegated them

Rulership overall you made,

With everything under their authority,

Placing earth itself under the feet of

Your image-bearers.

 

All of the created order and every living thing

Of the earth, sky, and sea –

The wildest beasts and all that move in the

Paths of the sea –

Everything is in submission to Adam’s sons.

 

Yahweh, our Sovereign God,

Your glory streams from heaven above,

Filling the earth with the majesty of your name!

People everywhere see your splendor!

 

*****

 

We human beings were created by God to create.

He gave us all authority

To rule and reign over creation.

 

His glory fills the earth in the sons.

The fractal pieces of God

Are in human-kind.

Each individual has such a unique part of the Creator

In Him and it shines out

Whether they recognize it or not.

 

Mankind placed a little lower than angels.

Entrusting mankind to rule over Creation

That you thought of in heaven

Man (Adam) created and named the forms here

On Earth.

 

I do not fully grasp the magnitude of who I am,

Yet in some ways, I do.

I am not – no-thing – yet that is

Where all of creation came from.

 

It is in this Vast Mind of Christ that I reside.

It is also in me the glory of Christ dwells.

I am humbled, yet live

In the strong conviction of

His unending love.

 

I AM WHO I AM because He wells within Me.